Friday 12 June 2015

Week 1: New Life in Sungai Long

  This month is a turning point of my study life as a UTAR student. This is because UTAR PJ campus is relocated to Sungai Long city, Kajang which is farther away from my hometown, Rawang. I had already rent a whole unit of condominium in Sungai Long since March this year, hence the rentals are paid for three months before I move in to the unit this month.

  8th June 2015 is the first day of my new trimester starts, I went to new campus early in the morning to look for parking around the campus area. I tend to find a parking at about 500m far away from the campus. After 10 minutes, it is actually just around 7.15am but there are no more parking near there and it is having heavy traffic jam around the UTAR campus. I guess it is the first time Sungai Long city is so lively, full of students, staffs and parents. It's look like it is the first day of secondary school starts, everyone looks like new student. New campus, new city and new life starts.

Photo of the new campus 
(captured by me) :
  New block (KB block)
Surrounding view from the classroom at second floor

  After I have my breakfast in the first day of school , my friend and I walked to our new campus. We are so excited although we are not new student, but we start our studies life in new campus and also new hostel. We are amused by the new building as it is very tall and broad, it is too big like a maze and everyone got lost in it. Everywhere is fulled of student, I met many friends and course mates. 
The first challenge I met in the campus is I need to walk to our floor my class located by using staircase as the lift is fulled of people and we could not even fit in. The first thought in my mind is ,' it's ok, I can just go up by using staircase, it is just a piece of cake' as my class is ONLY at third floor. 

  However, I think I am too optimistic and I totally changed my thought after climbed one level of staircase. I am already exhausted after one level because the staircase for one level is like double of floor compared to the normal one, so after I climbed to third floor it is like I already climb 9 floors of staircase. So on the first day of school, I am already exhausted, tired and non-stop sweating after the 'free workout' provided.

  There are more challenges waiting for me, I have class at 7th floor in the afternoon every monday. However, I successfully to make it that day with my tired flabby leg. I think my future life in UTAR will be very interesting and challenging. Maybe after one semester, all UTAR students will become very fit and healthy due to everyday's exercise.

  By thinking it positively and optimistically, I am happy that I can exercise everyday free of charge because normally I am too lazy to workout and go to gymnasium. By the way, I found a interesting video post by other UTAR students about the effective way to walk stairs without tired. The video is in mandarin but it is really funny if every student try it when using stairs. By the way,  it will be really a spectacular scene in the campus if everyone use this method to climb staircase. 

 
Winnie Ho. (2015, June 10). 爬樓梯不累的小竅門,太絕了!不信你試試 [Video file].
             Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxouDK830CI&feature=youtu.be

  This video is in mandarin, it provides a effective method for climbing stairs without feeling tired, this method is by holding your hips while walking stairs, it will not easily get tired compared to the way normally we walked . In the video, they have carried out experiment on different people and they said it is useful and effective.

  In my opinion, I think it is effective as when we hold our hips, we will have better posture of walking and besides its also give support to our hips and backbone. Its give support to the whole body when moving. As when we walking, a good body posture is very important because the backbone is the main support for our body. So, when we are humpbacked or have bad position it will hurt the backbone. I think that the people who create this method is really creative. By the way, in this video,it also mention that this method is only applicable when going up staircase but now when going down.

  Many friends of mine shared this video and some of them who really tried this method said it is really effective! However, I feel a little bit embarrassing to try this method because it is not a very decency of view. Maybe I will try someday when I have to walk to 9th floor and there are no people around me!


No comments:

Post a Comment