Saturday 11 July 2015

Week 5 :Photography

   When I was small, I already show interested in taking photos. I used to play the spoiled camera of my father, which is the film camera that is now become ancient. After that, I started taking photos again when my mum bought a first digital camera on 2007. I started to show interested in taking photos and take whatever I saw until the memory card always lacked of memory. 
 My mum told me it’s the advantage of technology, nowadays we can take many photos as many as we want. During old days, it is very hard to even take photos in their childhood time, they have to go to studio to take family portrait once in the few years. After film camera common, they also have to take photo with heedful, have to post properly then only shoot. It cannot be NG as the film cannot be deleted like photos in the memory card nowadays. Hence my mum said photo in old days are very precious and meaningful , people nowadays did not appreciate the significance of taking photographs.

Ok back to topic, my mum bought me a DSLR (digital single-lens reflex camera), Canon 650D for me as a Christmas present on 2012 which is I wanted it for many years. After got my own DSLR, I keep taking photos and explore the technique by my own. I bring it to every vacation to record down the moments in my life. I like to print out the photos and when look back to the photos after many years, I will still feel very happy and will recall back to the moment. I don’t like to just view the photos in camera or computer, it don’t have the real feeling of seeing the photo. I like to flip the album and look at every photo one by one, I felt very lucky that my parents captured many photos of mine during I am still a baby. I can see back the times when I am still a baby and which I still did not have all those memory of that time, so I really enjoy to see the photographs, maybe I am a nostomania, like my mum. hahaha

So here is the photos I took few years ago, when I am still a beginner.  
This shot is the most satisfied shot of mine until now. It is only captured by using a normal digital camera, Canon IXUS130 at Hotel Sepang Gold Coast. 
I really like to captured the scenery of sky which it will make me feel relax and enjoy in it.



Then, on last semester, there is one subject that I really like, which is Digital Photography, I can improved my photography skills in this subject. Our lecturer taught us the more accurate ways in taking photos as last time I only explore the skills by my own which I not sure is it correct or not. So here are some photographs of my assignment that I satisfied with it.

The first assignment, shallow depth of field photographs: 
 
f/5.6 1/160sec ISO 100
For shallow depth of field, it need to adjust to a large Aperture.The smaller the number, the larger the aperture). The changes in aperture will affect the background.


Second assignment, to work on shutter speed which is to show the photo in motion and frozen.
 f/3.5   1/2000sec   ISO400
 f/22    1/10sec   ISO100
The changes in shutter speed is the exposures to a moving object to make it static or moving.


Third assignment, night photography:
f/4.5 1/2sec ISO100
I took this photo in I-City, Shah Alam.

 Lastly, assignment 6 which the difficulties being upgraded, the theme is night photography that which shows kinetic photograph.   This task is the most difficult which I tried many times before success.
f/7.1  2sec   ISO100
This shot captured at Oasis, Ara Damansara. This technique called kinetic photography or also zoom burst, which is to turn the lens slowly when capturing photo. It is tough as the timing have to be accurate to make the light extended during turning the lens to be smooth. I am glad that finally I can complete this task which I also learn new skills in taking photos.

Until now I am still like to take photos very much and I will continue put effort in taking photos as it is also one of my hobby. 
I like to capture and also being captured. xD

2 comments: