Friday 17 July 2015

Week 6: Tomato Rice

  During last semester break, when I am too free staying at home, I start to discover new recipe to cook. I start to cook since 17 years old, start from simple dishes then manage to cook dinner for my family everyday when I'm free. My family's dinner style is typically Chinese style, which is normally will have 3 dishes and soup. So after I've done my 'research' online, I found out that there is a new recipe to make tomato rice which is in trending. This type of tomato rice is very simple, creative and pleasant-looking. This method is created by Chinese in China and then shared it online. In Mandarin, this dish is so called "Whole Tomato Rice", which means straight put a tomato into the rice to make the tomato rice.

Ingredients:
Rice, Tomato(1-2), Carrot, Green Beans, Onion, Corn, Mushroom, Sausage, black pepper

The ingredients I used are nearly all vegetables, so it is a very healthy dish. haha.. The steps to make it is very very very simple, even small kids also can make it.


Firstly, wash all the vegetables and then cut it all into small pieces.

Second, put the tomato in the middle of the rice, then other ingredients all put into the pot.

Thirdly, add some salt, black pepper and oil into it.

Press COOK and wait about 20 minutes for the rice to cook.

------------------------------------20 minutes later--------------------------------------

Taadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!


Whole-Tomato Rice is ready to serve!
Oh wait a minute, there is still a last step!
which is now need to BLEND all the rice and ingredients together. 

As the tomato is well-cooked, it become soft and once press it, the 'tomato juice' will burst out! Quickly blend all the ingredients until it is well-mixed.

So, the Tomato Rice is really ready NOW !


Isn't this recipe really very easy??
And the outcome is also very tasty and pleasant-looking, my parents also enjoyed eating it.
Next, this method is not time consuming, so everyone can easily make it even though in a hurry.
While the most important thing is this dish is very healthy, you can put the vegetables as much as you like, can serve to kids who do not like to eat vege, they will not realize it. hahaha


Lastly, I do think that people nowadays are really creative in creating new recipe to cook and I will continue to cook more special dishes next time. After I managed to cook something special, the  sense of accomplishment do gave me more encouragement to cook more new dishes.

I wish in the future, I can cook everyday for the one I loved.
=D

1 comment: