Saturday 25 July 2015

Week 7: DIY

This week I will share some DIY stuff I did before. DIY means 'Do-It-Yourself ' , like making some decorations, adornment or little tiny things by your own. 100% own effort, the process included sewing, cutting, nail and whatever effort to make the stuff accomplish.

I bought the DIY pack to make a felt mascot kit at Daiso, a Japanese RM5 shop.
Felt Mascot Kit, a little cute chick
Materials
The instructions are in Japanese which I do not understand, only look for the visual hahaha

Firstly, cut the felt according to the pattern of chick and sew it.
Do not sew the whole felt, left one small part to put the cotton inside.

Secondly, put the cotton inside in and sewing it completely.
The head and body are now complete, which I think the body looks like fried chicken. haha 
I admit I am gluttonous =P

Thirdly, joined all the parts.
Lastly, stick the eyes and mouth to complete it.
Finally~ !
It is completed and you can put a string on it and hang it as decorations
By the way, my friend said that it do not look like a chick, but it looks like a DUCKY .
which make me felt disappointed. =(
Actually I do think it looks like Gingerman XD


So, IT IS TIME FOR REVENGE!!!

I tried second time DIY in making a tissue case.
It is a bear!!!
The instructions is same like the previous one.
Materials

Firstly, sew according to the appearance of bear

Then, make the same steps on another yellow felt.
Joined them together.
Forgot to mention,  for the yellow bear, the mouth part just sew half of it, which is to let tissue to take out later.
Tadaaaa! 
the bear now spit out the tissue paper! haha
It is so cute right and I am satisfied in the second time DIY

Practice makes perfect,
so every time you practice more, put more effort in making something, you will improved in the end

DIY is a nice way to release stress and tension, it can make you focus in making something which normally you will not do in daily life.

You can also DIY using the materials that already have in your house, recycle and reuse the materials
It is really very fun and the outcome will gives you great sense of accomplishment that make you enjoy doing it.

So, start to DIY something when you are too free! 
Believe me.You will addicted to it.
=D

1 comment: