Friday 3 July 2015

Week 4: Copic Color Marker

During this week my Drawing 2 class, it is my first attempt to draw by using color marker. Before I attend the drawing class, when I heard about color marker, what’s in my first thought is it is the marker that we used to draw and play during childhood. But actually these color marker is marker specially for designer or illustrator use to draw and sketch. There are many brand of color marker in the market, like Copic, Kurecolour and Prismacolor.

  The color marker that I bought is Copic brand.

I spent about Rm545++ on it. T_T

This is the sketch of my mood on that that day after spent so much just to buy color marker.
**Life of a designer student.**

Let's back to the topic. Now lets me show the development of my color marker during the class exercise. This exercise is to draw a human body figure using grey tone color marker.

The human figure that I choose to draw is a Korean artist, named Nana, which is from After School an artist female groups.
Nana[Online Image]. Retrieved July 3, 2015 from http://41.media.tumblr.com/edc0749ff18247e8d463bdf76edbe277/tumblr_mgiygwq65m1s369beo1_1280.jpg


  Firstly, I traced out the outline of the figure by using light box in the studio. By using the light box, the light from the bottom let us to easily trace out the object we want to draw.

Second, I applied the first layer of color by using the lightest color of grey tone color, C-1.


Thirdly, I keep add on other darker color like C-2 and C-3 of grey tone color on it by blending the color. Both different color of marker have to blend it to make the color smooth, if not the difference of the tones will be very obvious.
The lightest part of the body have to be blank to show the tone and to make the shadow obvious.



and FINALLY!!!!


..
...
.....




I finished it within 3 hours during the practical!!!
\(^O^)/

Here is the comparison of the original image and my drawing.

I felt quite satisfied on this first try to draw using color marker. This time is only grey tone marker, next time will be draw using all color marker, so it's sure will be harder but I will try my best to do it!

I will keep improve myself to draw using color marker.
=D



No comments:

Post a Comment